Creamy and savory, this bisque will be the hit of your meal!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder or Granules
- 3 tablespoons Thrive Flour
- 1/4 cup Thrive Instant Milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Green Onions
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Thrive Peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1/4 cup Thrive Sour Cream Powder
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 4 ounces small cooked shrimp
- 2 ounces lobster meat
- 2 ounces small bay scallops
- 2 tablespoon sherry wine
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-low heat
- Blend the flour and garlic granules into the butter until well incorporated. Continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes to create a roux.
- Warm the water in another saucepan over medium heat, whisk in Instant Milk and tomato powder.
- Add Peppercorns, celery and green onion.
- Slowly whisk in the warmed milk to the roux and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
- If desired, puree the soup in a blender or food processor** at this point and then return it to the saucepan.
- Stir in the seafood and the sherry. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Finish: Replace the green onions with finely chopped shallots. If desired, garnish the soup with Thrive Green Onions, Thrive Cilantro, or Thrive Parsley. Adapted from original recipe by: SOUHAIL LASLAMI