Creamy and savory, this bisque will be the hit of your meal!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons Thrive Flour
- 1/4 cup Thrive Instant Milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Green Onions
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Thrive Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1/4 cup Thrive Sour Cream Powder
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 4 ounces small cooked shrimp
- 2 ounces lobster meat
- 2 ounces small bay scallops
- 2 tablespoon sherry wine
Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-low heat
Blend the flour and garlic granules into the butter until well incorporated. Continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
Warm the water in another saucepan over medium heat, whisk in Instant Milk and tomato powder.
Add Peppercorns, celery and green onion.
Slowly whisk in the warmed milk and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
If desired, puree the soup in a blender or food processor** at this point and then return it to the saucepan.
Stir in the seafood and the sherry. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Finish: Replace the green onions with finely chopped shallots. If desired, garnish the soup with Thrive Green Onions, Thrive Cilantro, or Thrive Parsley.